Village Borzovka as part of Nizhny Novgorod in Leninsky District. It was located in the area of present-day Machine Tool Factory - between the Borzovka River and modern-day Kosmonavta Komarova Street and Pamir. Derived from the name of the river Borzovka. When connecting to City In 1929, it was renamed a village May Day. There are three possible explanations for the origin of the Village's name:

  • It was a secluded spot in the woods where the landowners would come to prepare for hunts and train their hounds;
  • from the name of the nearby Borzovka River, so named for the speed of its current (“borzovoshny” means “fast”);
  • The name describes the residents who founded the settlements (“borzovoshny”—brazen, aggressive). Interestingly, Borzovka is the only settlement on the Zarechnaya side where part of the population belonged to the category of “free farmers”;

The residents of Borzovka had little arable land suitable for farming. In the spring, the eastern field was always flooded, and much of the area was covered by swamps and forests. It is not surprising that by the mid-19th century, Borzovka already had a burgeoning industrial sector: there were two wharves for loading timber, as well as a steel foundry and a nail factory. On the shore Oka River There were several smithies there, owned by the merchant Vyakhirev. A little later, Vyakhirev began building barges and boats. The spinning industry was well-developed. In addition, all the women in the Village spun flax and wove cloth for sale, and there were two rope-making workshops. Until 1887, there was a lake at the site of the Molitovsky backwater, where the peasants of Borzovo fished.