Svyato-Nikolayevsky Convent. Founded around 1580. The first abbess was Fotiniya. In 1650 the monastery burned down but was rebuilt very quickly. From 1764 — a third-class communal convent. At the beginning of the 20th century, more than 200 sisters lived in the monastery. The monastery was visited by pilgrims who came to venerate the locally revered Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God and the miracle-working icon of Saint Nicholas. Closed after 1924, reopened in 1994. The monastery is home to 25 residents.
Contacts
Address: 607220, Nizhny Novgorod Region, city of Arzamas, Sobornaya Square, 1
Tel.: (83147) 3-00-02.