Molitovka - a microdistrict of Leninsky District, Nizhny Novgorod. Its boundaries are defined by Komsomolskaya Square, Lenin Avenue, Kosmonavta Komarova Street and Pamirskaya Street, and the shore of the 25 Years of October backwater.

History

The exact date of the settlement's founding is unknown. Molitovka is first mentioned in the Cadastral Book of 1621. The village was owned by the landowner Misyur Solovtsev.

The village's name was given to it by burlaki (Volga barge haulers). By tradition, they would stop opposite Molitovka and pray toward the ringing of the bells of a church situated at the mouth of the Molitovka River (now the Rzhavka River).

At the end of the 17th century, Molitovka had 52 households and a population of 327 souls.

The inhabitants of Molitovka were engaged in farming. They grew grain, flax, and planted carrots, peas, and beets. At the same time they pursued various trades: women spun flax and wove linen for their own use and for sale; men prepared birch-bark and wooden utensils, wove bast shoes from linden bark, and made bricks. The memory of this trade survived until the mid-1940s in the name of a tram stop, which people informally called "Kirpichiki" ("Little Bricks") — now the stop "Zarechny Boulevard."