Romodanovskiy (or, colloquially, the Kazansky) Station was built in Nizhny Novgorod on the bank of the Oka in 1904. It is no longer in operation.

About the station

The station's classical building looked particularly striking and majestic against the backdrop of Nizhny Novgorod's eclectic, "merchant-era" architecture. However, as the railway network expanded, traffic shifted to the other bank of the Oka, and the historic building became redundant.

In the early 1970s, the last train departed from Romodanovskiy Station; the tracks were dismantled, the building was abandoned, and it began to slowly fall into ruin.

In 1993 the station building was granted the status of an architectural monument, though this changed nothing whatsoever about its fate. The century-old building was saved by the company NovaKard, which undertook its restoration. Working from surviving drawings and photographs, the builders endeavored to reconstruct its original appearance as faithfully as possible.

In 2003 the company moved into the restored building, whose floor area after reconstruction amounted to approximately 4,000 sq. m.