A part of the Canavino lying to the north of the Moscow Railway Station. First mentioned in the 17th century as a suburban selo (a larger village). It was incorporated into Canavino in 1925, and into the city limits of N. Novgorod in 1929. According to one version, the area belonged to a merchant named Gordeyev; according to another, it was here, along the road running by the Volga toward Balakhna, that a brigand named Gordey operated. Its former name was Dorozhaevo.
Derived names: Gordeyevskaya Street, the main street of this part of the district, and the Gordeyevskiye Meadows — an industrial zone between Gordeyevka and Meschera Lake.